top of page

Entry into American Samoa

If you are traveling to American Samoa from the United States, YOU MUST HAVE A PASSPORT.

if you are traveling to American Samoa from one of the 39 Entry Permit Waiver Program (EPWP) countries, you can visit American Samoa without an entry-permit or visa for a period of 30 days or less.  You must, however, secure an OK TO BOARD at least 48 hours prior to travel. Go to to apply for an OK TO BOARD permit.

If you are not traveling from an EPWP country, you will need to apply for a 30-day entry permit.  We can assist you with this process.  Email us at for more info.

For more information on our immigration laws, go to

Entry Permit Waiver Program Countries
  1. Andorra

  2. Australia

  3. Austria

  4. Belgium

  5. Brunei

  6. Canada

  7. Chile

  8. Czech Republic

  9. Denmark

  10. Estonia

  11. Finland

  12. Federated States of Micronesia

  13. France

  14. Germany

  15. Greece

  16. Hungary

  17. Iceland

  18. Ireland

  19. Israel

  20. Italy

  21. Japan

  22. Republic of S. Korea

  23. Latvia

  24. Liechtenstein

  25. Lithuania

  26. Luxembourg

  27. Malta

  28. Marshall Islands

  29. Monaco

  30. Netherlands

  31. New Zealand

  32. Norway

  33. Palau

  34. Portugal

  35. San Marino

  36. Singapore

  37. Slovakia

  38. Slovenia

  39. Spain

  40. Sweden

  41. Switzerland

  42. Taiwan

  43. United Kingdom*

bottom of page